Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm going to India!

Hi! I'm Kathryn!

I'm a 4th semester nursing student at SDSU, and will be graduating December 2010 (oh, happy day!)!!! Earlier this semester, I was selected (along with 12 other awesome girls from the School of Nursing) to go to India for a month this summer! Never in my wildest dreams have I thought about traveling there. Now, all of a sudden....*Shazam* I'll be flying there in about 50 days! Exciting!!!!

While there, we will be partnering up with PSG School of Nursing students and faculty from Coimbatore, India!

So, as you can see, we will be pretty far South...for at least 2 weeks! :) During that time, I believe we will be working in rural clinics, assisting with jungle medicine, and maybe delivering a few babies? The specifics are still super vague. Basically we're going to show up, and then figure it out. AH!
The rest of the trip consists of floating down the backwaters of Kerala...


Then, we're going to make our way up to Varanasi to see the Ganges River. Hopefully we'll be able to explore via boat, that way we can really take in the sights of this culturally rich Hindu mecca!


Agra is also on the itinerary. No Indian adventure would be complete without seeing the Taj Mahal!


Another experience of a lifetime will be going to the Mother Teresa Clinic in Calcutta (now named Kolkata). Hopefully we will be able to help out there! :)


That's all I know about the trip thus far! I'll definitely post WAY more information about each wonderful region once I get there. But for now, at least you have an idea WHERE in the world I'll be!

3 comments:

  1. very impressive blog . . . I should start one....mother of a small town girl who is now on THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! you SHOULD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you are going to have the experience of a lifetime, Kathryn! I am so excited for you. I cannot wait to hear the stories you bring home. (And thanks for sharing accommodations this weekend!)
    Love, your favorite Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete